Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cafe Isolde NYC

This humble blog usually rocks along with a handful of hits every day, which is fine with me. Then occasionally there will be a spike. Last weekend, I got more than 100 hits on a single day, even though I've been lax lately in updating the blog.

If the statistical elements of Google's Blogger program are to be believed, almost all of those who came here via a search engine were looking for some form of "Cafe Isolde NYC."

So I tried that search myself, and sure enough, the first link is to an item I posted here in November called "Elementary, My Dear Isolde," in which I talked about the TV show Elementary. In the first two episodes last fall, there was a scene involving Wagner's Tristan und Isolde and another in which the show's main characters walked past a sidewalk cafe in New York that had a sign reading "Cafe Isolde."

So welcome to all of you who are looking for Cafe Isolde in New York City. As best I can tell from my own meager Internet searches, there is no such eatery in the Big Apple, although sometimes smaller restaurants fly under the radar.

If anyone knows about such a place, please let me know. But I'm not sure I'd drink anything they had to offer!

8 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Just watching this episode again and got to you via the 'Cafe Isolde NYC' search. No such place it seems. But I channeled Sherlock a bit and noticed a Sephora across the road from the restaurant and worked out that the actually place, for you and further searchers, is a restaurant called Spice Market on West 13th St in the Meatpacking District.

    Now all I need is my own Lucy Lui...

    Cheers,

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I've just seen the film on Spanish TV and I'm looking for the answer. Thanks for the information about Meatpacking District. Regards from Barcelona (Spain).

      Delete
    2. I, too, came upon this blog when trying to figure out where this scene was in the city. I guessed it was in or near the West Village, so I'm happy to see the exact location! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Watching the episode of Elementary now and jumped up to find out where Café Isolde is located. Thank you for the answer before I spent A LOT of time looking for this Café!
    Too bad, we would have loved to go to this place this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you. here for that exact reason as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guessed it was the Meatpacking District. Glad to see I was correct. Interesting search.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Café Isolde Lovers ! The real name of Café Isolde is Spice Market, on the intersection of 9th Avenue and W 13th Street. (Sephora shop on the background).

    http://spicemarketrestaurants.com/spice_market_new_york

    ReplyDelete